Friday, September 23, 2011

Infancy

My baby turned 3 months old on Tuesday the 20th!

WE ARE NO LONGER IN THE NEWBORN STAGE (except in clothing)!

You now the saying, "It's not polite to stare!"? Well, when it comes to babies it totally polite to stare! So cute and chubby! Always wearing the cutest things!

I catch myself staring at Sophia. Especially while she's sleeping. And eating. And playing. Well, pretty much all the time! I know that I say this all the time, but she is growing up so fast. It is starting to get hard to remember how small she was when she was born, how she acted, how she cried. Babies are just such amazing creatures. They adapt and learn so wonderfully.

At this age Sophia is doing lots of new things. She laughed for the first time! It only happened twice but it was ah.mazing! Once I heard it the first time, my heart stopped and I had to hold back tears. She has been ssooooooooooooo close the last couple of weeks. I know that I looked like someone who belonged in the looney bin trying to get her to do it again! She is also grasping new things and becoming interested in toys. Her favorite thing to do right now -other than stand- is to sit. She's always trying to sit up straight, I can't wait until she really can sit on her own!

She is also growing! I wish I could tell you exactly how long she was and how much she weighs but due to and insurance situation she hasn't had her appointment yet. I'm guess at least 10 pounds though! (Disclaimer.. I am not in any way accurate in any form of weight guessing!) She is almost out of newborn size clothes! :(

She is by far the most amazing thing in my life. I can barely remember what life was like before her.

I can't quite remember if those pictures were actually taken when she was 3 days old... but we'll pretend they were! :)




This is how I found her sleeping the other night.. we were supposed to be making cupcakes together!


No comments:

Post a Comment