Monday, March 19, 2012

Tropical Storm Sophia

Since Sophia has started crawling she has been on the move. Constantly. Anything and everything is fair game to play with or destroy! She will literally cover every inch of the floor looking for things to get into! She will entertain herself by banging toys together or ripping apart magazines <--- which is a favorite activity. You can always tell where she has been! :) 
Those books are no longer there. She kept trying to bend and rip them apart. Now that bottom shelf is almost empty. Nothing but old magazines that she can happily rip apart now.

Every time I ask her, "What are you getting into?!" She turns and looks at me first with a surprised "Uh-Oh" face and then with a big grin! She knows that she's being destructive. 
Currently a favorite - cookie cutters. She LOVES scattering those things around! Unfortunately my feet don't find it as awesome.

It makes me wonder when her imagination will really begin to set in (and no I have not done any research on when experts think this happens). I hear her everyday playing with her toys and yelling and "talking" to them. Banging toys together while yelling.
Which toy to choose? Oh the tough choices in life.
photo courtesy of my Instagram Account. If you'd like to follow me, I'm @mthienes 
Yes, mom. I did notice that you didn't shut the lid all the way!
Every night I laugh as I go along the house hunched over picking up her messes. Yes, she will make them again the next morning. But I wake up less stressed when I wake to a clean house. It only takes a couple minutes and I feel much better. :)
_________________________________________________________

So Laurin and I are really trying to cut down on our food waste. We are also trying to avoid the inevitable battle of "What's for dinner?" So I've been trolling Pinterest for yummy dinner ideas. I've been doing this for about 3 weeks now and it has worked out wonderfully. We get to try new recipes and we are both happy that we're not fighting about what's for dinner! Follow me on Pinterest if you would like!

Here is our menu for the week!

Monday: Corned Beef

Tuesday: Chicken Gyros

Wednesday: Hump Day Leftovers!

Thursday: Barbacoa Beef Tacos

Friday: Stuffed Peppers

No comments:

Post a Comment