Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Trisomy Twenty-One

Today is World Down Syndrome Day! 


This day is meant to help spread awareness about not only the cause of Down Syndrome but also about how wonderful those who have been diagnosed are. I have a brother with Down Syndrome who is four years younger than me, so I know first hand what it is like being around a Downs kid. He has shown me so much of the world. What beauty lies in the simplest things. Seriously, this kid is happy with some wrestling cards and a Gatorade.

This last weekend. Stevie at his Special Olympic Oregon basketball tournament.

I've always been to his school events and recently to all of his meetings for possible new programs. I know that part of my never wanted to move out of Oregon (for college) because of him. I wanted to stay by his side. He means the world to me and I've always been So So proud to be his sister (even if he does favorite my husband over me)! 

Every chance I've gotten (ie. School reports, research papers, speeches) I've tried to raise awareness about Down Syndrome. Now you can to! Wear blue and yellow every March 21st. Let people know that you care! 

If you would like to know more about this day visit World Down Syndrome Day and if you would like to know more about Down Syndrome click Here or Here!

No comments:

Post a Comment