Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Three-Quarters of a Year.

My dearest Sophia Grace is 9 months old today. 



This makes me so happy and so sad at the same time. Just a reminder that she is growing up so fast and those newborn days are long gone. She grows before my very eyes and never ceases to amaze me. It is so hard to remember her being tiny. The way she nestled in my arms as light as a feather. The way I could curl up around so easily while sleeping. Now she's bigger. Now she weighs down my arm and she's too long to curl around while sleeping. She would prefer to sleep sideways anyways! She's ticklish and laughs at funny faces. She mimics sounds and "sings". We often have a contest to see who can make the last sound.. she always wins! Even more bittersweet is the fact that we have to order a "big girl" carseat for her because she is outgrowing her infant carrier and today I washed all of her 6 month clothing. She's always been a small baby, but that doesn't mean that her growing up is any less bittersweet. I can't imagine what a wreck I'm going to be when she turns 1!
Sophia's Progress at 9 Months:

. Crawling (and quickly!) .

. She knows how to play Peek-A-Boo! .


. Can pull herself up on anything .



. Walks along all the furniture (tends to do circles around the coffee table) .


. Tries to stand unassisted, but can only do so for about a second .

. Looks under furniture for objects .


She absolutely loves looking out on the world!




3 comments:

  1. so amazing! what a big girl she is :-) good job Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! This post made me tear up! Such great "real/everyday" moments captured! It's amazing how fast they grow, especially in the first year! You've got a happy and gorgeous little girl full of smiles! Good job mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful to read! Wish I had the time to do the same :) LOVE the pictures!

    ReplyDelete