Wednesday, February 26, 2014

On the Road Again....

2.26.14

I know that internet on an airplane is amazing, I get it. But it is slow as molasses! Sophia and I are on our second leg of travel from St. Louis to Portland, and there are babies EVERYWHERE! I love it.. bring on baby fever! ;)

This trip has been a stressful one and it has barely begun. We will be away from home for a month. A month. That is a long time. And because I am slightly anal retentive, the house has to be cleaned before departure. I enjoy coming home to a clean house, as in just-finished-spring-cleaning. Also, we will be having someone housesitting/dogsitting for two weeks. There is no way I would let them stay in my house with it being dirty. Not to mention packing for two people for four weeks!

So, Sophia and I are Oregon bound today. Yay. Tomorrow, I am headed to Vegas! I am attending WPPI with the husband and pretty much everyone we know, in St. Louis at least. This will be my first time attending the conference (as well as being in Vegas) and I am super excited. I will have a lot to take in over a week so I am preparing myself for being overwhelmed. This will not be Laurin's first rodeo, so I am expecting him to be patient with me and all of my questions. I'll get to meet photographers from all over and get to watch Sal speak live. Not to mention boozing it up and staying up all night. Okay, about staying up all night... I am in no mental shape to stay up as late as I am going to be expected to. I mean seriously, my idea of late is the 11:30pm that I normally, finally, get to sleep. Should be interesting and I will be doing my best to go with the flow...

Sophia gets to spend a week with Grandma and Grandpa. She is so excited! I hope she doesn't grow too much in that week! She seems so much older today than she did this time last week. It really is crazy. She is starting to have such a great memory, and will recite the major topics of the day to Laurin as soon as he walks in the door. It is really cute how she gets so excited to share information. She will get so much playtime in with her cousin too, especially since she will be there for an entire month! Yup after Vegas, I head back to Oregon. I'll get my time to spend with family and my mom's and nephew's birthdays are in March, as well as a family friend's birthday. It will be an exciting month, but I know I will be ready to be home by week three. ;)

Can't wait to see what the next month has in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment