Monday, February 17, 2014

Homeward Bound.

Today we head home. As in home-home. As in the Midwest welcomes abnormally cold temperatures and four inches of snow on the ground. We are juggling a toddler, a car seat and two EXTRA bags, plus three carry-ons. Two of us with a toddler, a car seat, and 8 bags including carry-ons. What did we get ourselves into!?! We had to buy a large suitcase because our old one went kaput after our trip to Europe last summer. So we bought a set of two... Bonus is that we didn't have to ship any presents home! They are the really nice suitcases too, you know the ones that roll upright on four wheels and are hardshell. The ones that take a fraction of the energy to move than a normal suitcase does. I'm in love. These bad boys better last because we have at least three more trips to take this year including one to Europe this summer. Yes, Europe again. Jelly? Don't envy us too long because we are taking the little on this trip too. Am I crazy? Probably. Deets later.

I digress.

We are on our flight home. I can't wait to sleep in my own bed with all the room a king bed can offer someone my size. I'm ready to eat my own food and make my own food. I'm ready to be one of the laziest people on the planet for at least one day. Sophia has done pretty amazing on this flight and it has been a bit of a long one at three hours. Only a few outbursts and back talks. Could be a record! We bought her cute kid safe headphones so she can actually listen to her movies or games on the flight without disrupting others. She used them for about half the flight, that's not bad!! The other was spent eating, drinking and pretending to sleep and then wake up. "I get up mommy!!" She tried to go potty once but those bathrooms are so small that she wasn't having it. Oh well, at least she tried! But now with an hour left to go, she sleeps. Thank goodness! I got tired bending over and pulling snack after snack out. It can be exhausting! (Do those count as crunches?)

One flight almost down. One hourlong layover and one more flight to go. 

Longing for my home sweet home.




ALMOST HOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment