Friday, August 24, 2012

14 Months

14 Months! Snacking at Gram's

Sophia turned 14 months this last Monday. And she reminds me everyday that she is my toddler (bring on the tears - she's not my baby anymore). So much has changed in the last two months and I can't possibly imagine how much she will change in the next two months!

Sophia says words now! She repeated her first word "snack"a couple of months ago. A few days later she used it in proper context - she pointed to her high chair, looked at me and said, "snack?" My heart melted! So, "snack" is her first word.. and if you know my family, you would know that that is not a surprise! Although there was a pool at Laurin's office that it would be a cuss word.. classy, I know.

List of Words Sophia can say at 14 Months:
-Snack
-Dada/da/DADA (yelling tone - it happens a lot!)
-Mama (only when she is really whiny, she hardly actually says it to get my attention. Boo)
-Bye-Bye while waving (really, it sounds like die-die)
-Hi!
-Grandpa (she refuses to say grandma.. which cracks me up!)
-Yeah
-Baby (ba-bah)
-Uh-oh

**Still NO TEETH.

She can shake her head no, but she doesn't understand that it means no yet.

She loves to point at EVERYTHING! She is so curious about the world and what is in it.

She goes poop on the potty! Okay, it is not as exciting as it sounds. Sophia makes really loud grunting sounds when she is.. you know.. pooping. As soon as I hear them we rush to the toilet. My main goal is to get her used to the toilet and the idea of using it. I'm hoping that it will make potty training easier later on. We'll see.

Girl has an attitude. Wonder where she gets that from? (Bows head in shame) She really loves to push the boundaries, to see what she's going to get into trouble for. She also loves to run away laughing when I go to get her and move her away from a trouble area. *sigh*

That would the vacuum that she is dragging around.

Most importantly. She loves to sing and dance. Cue melting heart....

Notice the shoes... that's what she wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment